Sunday, May 11, 2014

Placebo itself is the glue - Interview with Middle School Fan Lorelei Müller from France




Placebo 20 Anniversary - Interview with Middle School fan Lorelei Müller from France!

by SusanneCk with the helping hand of Diana E.T.Foghin – Placebo Anyway



Placebo Anyway: When did you first listen to Placebo?  Did you start to listen to the band with one of their albums or a special song?
Lorelei Müller: The first time I listened to Placebo was in 2004. I discovered them thanks to “The Bitter End” first, then with “Protège-moi”. This is why 'Sleepingwith Ghosts' still my favorite album yet.

The first picture of Placebo Lorelei downloaded 10 years ago


Placebo Anyway: What was so special about the band for you to become a fan?
Lorelei Müller: Probably Brian’s personality and the fact he speaks French. There is a very special relationship with the band in France. I also felt in love with his voice.


Placebo Anyway: Which difference you see in the band between 2004 and 2014?
Lorelei Müller: The fact Steve Hewitt left the band affected me a lot. But now , I love the little Steve a lot , he is a good drummer as well. Musically, it didn’t change a lot.


Placebo Anyway: How have you lived the years from 2004 on with the band and their music?
Lorelei Müller:  Their music helped me to feel better and to be more confident. I know that every time I feel sad , their music is here.

Placebo Anyway: Have you been to the gigs of the LLL tour 2013? 
Lorelei Müller:  Not yet …


Placebo Anyway: Have you gone to all their other concerts in your country? Some abroad? Which one are your favourite ones: festivals or venues?
Lorelei Müller:  I have seen them twice in my country (once in Strasbourg in 2009, once in Colmar in 2010 , France). I will always remember my first concert : first row , Stef just in front of me and … Brian got angry during the concert because of all the cameras and even told us in French to stop lol


A picture Lorelei took at the end of their concert in Colmar 2010

Placebo Anyway: What about your Placebo CD’s? Do you have all their albums? Any special collection?Vinyls, singles, dvd’s....?
Lorelei Müller: Of course , I have all the official albums and DVDs . I have a special edition of‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ (including the French song “Protègemoi” and a Covers album) and the deluxe set boxes for BFTS and LLL. I have also bought some singles (‘Nancy Boy’, ‘The Bitter End’, ‘For What it’s Worth’, ‘Too Many Friends’ , ‘LLL vinyl’  …) and I’d really like to have all of them.

Her lovely cat Zoé loves Placebo too 

Placebo Anyway: Choose three songs from the area 2004 to 2014 which makes you feel closer to the band?
Lorelei Müller: 'Meds', especially the live version; 'Speak In Tongue's is just awesome as well and 'Purify' ( I can’t wait to see this one live).


Placebo Anyway: Do you see any difference between the fans from 2004 and the fans from nowadays?
Lorelei Müller: The 2004 era was a sort of “commercial era”… lots of fans in that time listened to them just because “The Bitter End” looks great. Nowadays, it is not the same. I think that the fans don’t care about how commercial they are, they love Placebo because Bri ,Stef and Steve are good performers, good musicians. Nowadays, we see the “true fans”, in my opinion.



Placebo Anyway: Is there a stereotypical Placebo fan?
 Lorelei Müller: Oh no … there is no stereotypical Placebo fan …just some fans having some strange passions (the Molsdal stuff for example lol)

Placebo Anyway: We know Placebo, especially Brian loves their French fans. What do you think is the reason for this love. How is a typical French Placebo fan?
 Lorelei Müller: There is a special relationship between Brian and French fans that I cannot explain. Maybe the fact Brian speaks French is what makes this relationship so special. I was told that Brian loves our good romantic writers such as 'Charles Baudelaire'. Brian probably sees in French fans this kind of darkness, this spleen and melancholia. 
A typical French Placebo fan is not really different from another. We (or is this just me? ) just want to hear them playing 'Protège-moi' once more.



Placebo Anyway: What do you think about "Soulmates Never Die". Is this true?
Lorelei Müller: Yeah , it is true. I have even written a paper about this at the highschool.
I actually think that everyone has his own soulmate . Whatever could happen, soulmates always end up together.


Placebo Anyway: In your opinion, what unifies Placebo fans. What is the glue that puts them together?
Lorelei Müller: The band itself is the glue. Without them, we are nothing, right? 


Placebo Anyway: How do you see the evolution of the band on a musical way?
Lorelei Müller: Placebo have evolved in a very good way, but I really want them to play something that sounds like “Nancy Boy”, something very powerful with lots of guitars (no piano, no violin anymore pleeaaaaaase !!! )


Placebo Anyway: Do you think the inclusion of Steve Forrest gave the band somehtingpositve?
Lorelei Müller: Yes it is very positive , Steve is like a little sunshine. Maybe his youth has something to do with this.
Steve ♥


Placebo Anyway: Do you have a Placebo favourite member? Brian, Stef, Steve…and why?
Lorelei Müller: Brian of course ! Because of his eyes, his voice, his clothes, his face, his beautiful ass (sorry ^^’) … and because he speaks French! I’d really like to meet him someday and to speak a little bit French with him.


Placebo Anyway: Which difference do you see in Brian when you look back and compare it with how he is nowadays?
Lorelei Müller: His haircut! Just kidding …  and the fact he doesn’t hide his addictions anymore… What a great man. ♥



Placebo Anyway: In 3 seconds 3 words about Brian, Stefan and Steve!
Lorelei Müller: Brian: Most Beautiful Man, Stefan: My inspiration, Steve: The Little Sunshine.


Placebo Anyway: 20 Years to go...what is your wish for the next 20 Placebo years?
Lorelei Müller: Please, Placebo, if you read it: ore French songs !
And I  wish them to continue to play music , they are good at it
And I also wish they could stay my source of inspiration as I play the bass thanks to them J

Placebo Anyway: Thank you for taking part in this interview Lorelei!
Lorelei Müller:  You’re welcome ! It was a really pleasure 





Placebo 20 Anniversary - Interview with Middle School fan Lorelei Müller from France!
by SusanneCk with the helping hand of Diana E.T. Foghin – Placebo Anyway